Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Some things from the past just make you stronger


I was recently tidying (that is not often either!!!)

I found a note from a friend who I no longer talked to....due to a breakdown in our friendship.
The note definitely brought back a lot of memories of our friendship...all the good times.
Then I paused.........I thought to myself, why am I keeping this?  Shouldn't I throw it out??
I put it in the pile of other things I was going to throw out....but after the 5 minutes, I picked up the note and put it back in the drawer.
Not sure why I did that.  The friendship broke down due to betrayal, it caused me a lot of pain for this friendship to go down the drain.  But part of me still want to keep so of the memories.  Maybe because of this broken friendship, it made me stronger.
And through my hurt of this broken friendship to others, I found out who I can turn to for advice and who are my real friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment